Reversal of ruling: Original Q: If I use Cheap Shot against Harbinger of Valusia, do I add one resource or two? A:
Both the attack and the evasion will add a resource to it, so Harbinger of Valusia will gain 2 resources from Cheap Shot if you succeed by 2 or more.Reversal (for now, at least) on Cheap Shot re: the Harbinger. It only gives you a token for the combat skill test, since the automatic evasion is neither successful nor unsuccessful, but automatic (which doesn't trigger "successful" effects).
- Clarification came from this. Note reversed ruling may be reversed again! Q: I seem to recall a discussion indicating that automatic evasion wasn't "successful" evasion, though, since there's no skill test involved. And since the Harbinger requires a successful attack or evasion (and bearing in mind the rule that qualifiers apply to each term in a list), wouldn't Cheap Shot apply only one resource token to the Harbinger? A: Hm... Technically you are correct... although I've been wondering about that ruling regarding "automatic" evasion and "successful" evasion. I don't know how intuitive it is. For now, you are correct... but know that I may reverse that ruling at some point. It's kind of confusing either way, to be honest.
Harbinger of Valusia
The Sleeper Awakens
Humanoïde. Monstre. Serpent. Elite.
Alert. Chasseur. Retaliate.
Harbinger of Valusia can retaliate while exhausted.
Forced - After Harbinger of Valusia is successfully attacked or evaded: Place 1 resource on it. Then, if there are 2 resources on it, it vanishes with a sinister hiss. (Set it aside, out of play. It keeps all damage tokens.)
Now that Marksmanship is out, my group did a theoretical calculation of max damage possible in 1 attack, particually to kill this guy in one attack. The following assumes a party of 4 players and using Extra Ammunition, Venturer and Contraband to pump ammo into Shotgun equal to or higher than the amount of chaos tokens.
Thanks Caius and Jd90 for your tips
- 1 base damage
- 1 Lita Chantler
- 1 Zoey Samaras's , so zoey is the one shooting
- 2 from 2x Marksmanship (fast cards can only be played on your turn, so 8x is not possible)
- 4 from 4x Hatchet Man (comited by Zoey Samaras, Leo Anderson)
- 5 Shotgun
- 10 from 5x Vicious Blow 2, assuming all 4 characters have it (other players can only commit 1 card)
- Double or Nothing
- "Eat lead!" to guarantee