- The "If a symbol is revealed..." effect triggers during Step 3 of the Skill Test Timing.
Échapper. Cette tentative d'évasion utilise au lieu de . En cas de réussite, infligez 2 dégât à l'ennemi auquel vous venez d'échapper. Si un symbole , , , , ou est révélé lors de cette évasion, perdez 1 action à ce tour et subissez 1 horreur.
Everyday people with flashlights elucidate the darkest night, Mystics exhibit bombastic magical explosions of light!
General thoughts about the spell's usability can be found under Blinding Light(0).
So, what has changed between the two versions? The additional cost of 2xp have to be put into relation to the additional effect that the upgraded version gives you.
- -1 play cost (which would already be a fairly marked improvement over the base version)
- +1 damage on the ping, which transforms this card from "Evade with a ping" to "Versatile kill-or-evade"
- 1 horror, in addition to "lose 1 action" on the special tokens.
This makes Blinding Light(2) a very potent backup for Shrivelling/Song of the Dead. The major interaction for Agnes Baker i see with Forbidden Knowledge, allowing her to reliably dispatch 3 health enemies.
- Evade and inflict 2 damage on one enemy during one action after succeeding a willpower test.
- Works against all types, including Massive and Elite.
- Needs no setup and can handle early-game threats.
- You can combo Blinding Light with other cards to maximize it's value: Sneak Attack and Pickpocketing.
- Fairly priced event.
- Drawing one of the special tokens empowers Agnes' reaction ability, she gets even more options in tandem with Grotesque Statue.
- Risk of failure included.
- Drawing one of the special tokens can result in a minor tempo loss, even if you do not fail the test, you lose one action and suffer 1 horror.
- One-time effect only, for emergencies.
- Instantly parley spoiler on the Midnight Masks scenario.